- You are running Microsoft Outlook in Online Mode in an Exchange Server or Office 365 environment.
- The Preferred encoding for outgoing messagesoption in Outlook is set to KOI8-R (the default encoding setting for the Russian version of Outlook).
- You create a message that contains some Russian characters, and then you save it as draft.
- In Outlook, select File>Option>Advanced.
- In the International options section, set the Preferred encoding for outgoing messages option to UTF-8.
Article ID: 3140296 - Last Review: Feb 25, 2016 - Revision: 1