Method 1: Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer through the user interface (UI) or at a command prompt.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates will be installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote You can use the following parameters with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode option; applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot options together; applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, this method automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if necessary.
- The /extractall option; extracts the updates from the installer and then saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe cumulative update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this cumulative update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. Check out how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the September 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.933 for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run OcsMcu.msp on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Article ID: 3140584 - Last Review: May 20, 2016 - Revision: 1