Issue that the cumulative update resolves
- KB 3174893 Inbound calls to internal branch users fail when WAN connection is unavailable
- KB 3148965 You hear noise or nothing at all when a call is forked to a PSTN number in Lync Server 2013
This cumulative update fixes issues that are described in the following previously released articles:
How to install the update
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps:
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNotes The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Method 2: Microsoft Update
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. Check out how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run MediationServer.msp on computers that are running the following server role:
- Lync Server 2013 - Mediation Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted.