Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on March 15, 2016. This update rollup fixes various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about how to install this update.
Method 1: Microsoft UpdateThis update rollup is available on Microsoft Update.
Note Microsoft Update doesn't detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2010 on clustered Exchange Server 2010 systems.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterThe update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
This update rollup fixes an issue in which "HTTP 400" error when you open a forwarded link in OWA in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 that has RU12 installed.
This update rollup includes the following changes:
- A new Office 365 Hybrid Configuration wizard (HCW) is used in Exchange Server 2010 that was bundled in the Exchange Management Console (EMC). This change makes sure that EMC always runs the latest version of the HCW that contains up-to-date experience when the HCW is initiated from the EMC.
- An updated Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) Control for Outlook Web Access. The control is signed to use a SHA-2 compliant code signing certificate. After you install this update, an updated version of the control on the Exchange server will be replaced. Users who have installed the earlier version of the control into a computer's browser must log on to Outlook Web Access and download the updated control after the Exchange server updates are completed.
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 13 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 3141339.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You can't install or uninstall Update Rollup 13 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, select Clock, Region and Language, select Region, and then select Administrative.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, select Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, select English (United States), and then select OK.
Article ID: 3141339 - Last Review: Mar 24, 2016 - Revision: 1