- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 subscription options.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password on Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- The Add-ins Store, where you can browse for tools that can increase your productivity in Word and enhance your documents
- The Add-ins Store, where you can browse for tools that can increase your productivity in Excel and enhance your spreadsheets
Microsoft Auto Update for Mac version 3.4.0
- Improved performance and support for alternative versioning schemes
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Article ID: 3142577 - Last Review: Apr 13, 2016 - Revision: 1