IMPORTANT: The following methods may cause virus protection to be partially or completely disabled, causing the system to be vulnerable to virus infection. Therefore Microsoft does not recommend these methods.
Remove McAfee VirusScan ProgramTo remove the McAfee VirusScan program, follow these steps:
- Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, under Currently installed programs, click McAfee VirusScan, and then click Remove.
- When you are prompted, click Yes to confirm the removal.
- Click Yes to restart your computer.
Stop Background ScanningTo stop any background scanning by McAfee VirusScan, follow these steps:
- Right-click the VShield icon in the Windows notification area, and then click Exit.
- When you are prompted, click Yes to turn off all background scanning.
Configure McAfee VirusScan to Not Scan DBX FilesIt may be possible to resolve this issue by configuring McAfee VirusSan to not scan .dbx files. To get assistance configuring McAfee VirusScan to not scan .dbx files, contact McAfee using the contact information below.
For information about how to contact any of the companies mentioned in this article, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 314421 - Last Review: Jun 23, 2008 - Revision: 1