XXXX. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe or Regedit.exe).
NOTE: In Windows XP, Regedit.exe and Regedt32.exe have been integrated into a single program that combines the features of the two registry editors in Windows 2000.
- Locate and select the following value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD
- On the Edit menu, click Delete.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
- Type VDD in the Value Name box, and then press ENTER.
- Quit Registry Editor.
The Windows XP version of the Command.com file has attributes similar to the following:
Size Date Time
50620 08-23-2001 4:00 A.M.
Article ID: 314452 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1