When a user tries to set up automatic replies or an email signature in Outlook on the web, they receive the following error message:
Additionally, some options are missing under Settings.
The option you chose isn't available.
This issue occurs if the MyBaseOptions role isn't enabled on the role assignment policy that's assigned to the mailbox.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Do one of the following, as appropriate for your situation:
- Connect to Exchange Online by using remote PowerShell. For more information, see Connect to Exchange Online using remote PowerShell.
- Open the Exchange Management Shell in the on-premises Exchange Server installation.
- Run the following command to identify the role assignment policy that's assigned to the mailbox:
Get-mailbox <mailboxUPN> | FL *RoleAssignmentPolicy
- Open the Exchange admin center, click permissions, and then click user roles.
- Select the role assignment policy that you determined in step 2, and then click Edit.
- Select the MyBaseOptions check box, and then click save.
Article ID: 3145373 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Online, Exchange Server 2016 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2016 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard