Fix it for me
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
NoteIf you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
To check whether this wizard resolved the problem, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
PrerequisitesTo fix this problem on a Windows XP-based computer, you must be running Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later. To determine if you have Windows XP SP1 or later, click Start, click Run, type winver, and then click OK. If SP1 or later is not listed in the About Windows dialog box, then use Windows Update to install the latest service pack before you try to fix this problem.
Steps to fix this problemCreate a new registry value that prevents an OHCI controller from entering a suspended state.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.
- Type DisableSelectiveSuspend, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 1, and then click OK.
If the value of the DisableSelectiveSuspend registry entry is set to 1, the Selective Suspend feature is disabled. Additionally, the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box does not appear on the Power Management tab for the USB Root Hub.
Did this fix the problem?
- To verify that the automatic fix worked, restart your computer. If the computer now recognizes the USB device, the problem is fixed, and you are finished with this article.
- If the problem is not resolved, you can also contact support.