- You have a new installation of Office 2016, or you create a new Outlook 2016 profile.
- You upgrade an existing Office 2013 installation to Office 2016, and then you create a new Outlook 2016 Exchange Server profile.
- The Skype for Business Configuration Information feature (hold down the Ctrl key and right-click the Skype for Business 2016 system tray icon) shows a “MAPI unavailable” status, as shown.
If you click the Conversations tab (), and then you click View more in Outlook, you receive the following error message:Your Outlook profile is not configured correctly. Contact your support team with this information.
- Delegate functionality may be broken. For example, you cannot schedule a meeting on behalf of someone else. When you try to create the online meeting, you receive the following error message: You do not have permissions to schedule online meetings on behalf of the owner of this account. Please contact the owner of the account to get delegate permissions in Lync.
For MSI-based versions of Skype for Business 2016To fix this issue, install the July 5, 2016, update (KB3115268) for Skype for Business 2016.
For Click-to-Run versions of Skype for Business 2016Current Channel (CC): Fixed in builds 16.0.7167.2040 and later
First Release Deferred Channel (FRDC): Fixed in builds 16.0.6965.2078 and later
Deferred Channel (DC): Fixed in builds 16.0.6965.2092 and later
For more information about C2R Channel builds, see Office 365 client update channel releases.
To work around this issue in a Click-to-Run version of Skype for Business 2016, use the Workaround in this section.
Note Only the workaround itself is supported by the Outlook team. The preliminary steps in the first procedure are unsupported. However, this procedure provides information that is required to complete the workaround. These steps also provide a method to verify that the workaround is deployed correctly and to back out the changes if it's necessary.
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|