The step-by-step article explains how to see whether IIS is installed and how to make sure that the necessary components are installed. Most messaging and collaboration components of Exchange Server require Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5.0 or later.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components in the left pane.
- In the Windows Components Wizard, look for the Internet Information Services (IIS) entry in the list of components.
- If IIS is already installed, the check box next to it is selected. To see what components are installed, click the IIS entry, and then click Details.
- If IIS is not installed, click to select the Internet Information Services (IIS) check box, and then click Details.
- Select any additional components, and then click OK. The following components are the minimum components to install:
- Common files
- Internet Information Services snap-in
- SMTP service
- Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) service (for newsgroups)
- World Wide Web service
- To complete the installation process, click Next, and then click Finish.