- Find out which protocols the RAS server is running, and make sure that the RAS service is installed and configured properly (or ask the Network Administrator to do this).
- After you find out which protocols the RAS server is running, make sure that your Windows XP-based computer is running one of the same protocols that the RAS server is running:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
- Under Virtual Private Network, right-click the VPN connection, and then click Properties.
- In the VPN Connection Properties dialog box, click the Networking tab, and make sure that you have a protocol that the RAS server is running.
- If you do not have a protocol that the RAS server is running, add the needed protocol:
- Click Install, click Protocol, and then click Add.
- Click the protocol that you need to install, and then click OK.
- Click Close in the VPN Connection Properties dialog box.
Article ID: 314869 - Last Review: Oct 23, 2008 - Revision: 1