- You have multiple Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Front End servers in a pool.
- You have multiple Lync Server 2013 Front End pools that have pool pairingenabled.
- You move users back and forth between primary and backup pools by using the Move-CsUser PowerShell cmdlet or through the Lync control panel. (This includes a scenario where the user is moved to a pool that is not a backup pool and then moved back to the original pool.)
- Lync Server 2013 Front End servers in a pool is restarted.
- Lync Server 2013 Front End pool is failed over and then failed back.
Note please call into Support for guidance if data loss is experienced even after you apply this update.
- When a user is moved, the source pool and destination pool will try to clean up any stale user state.
- If any Front End Servers are down during this operation, a warning will be flagged and the administrator will have to follow Clean up user data after a user move by using the Skype for Business Server Cleanup Tool.
- This update makes sure that the user state is coordinated across the source pool and destination pool.
Article ID: 3148950 - Last Review: Jun 8, 2016 - Revision: 1