Download the FoxSock.exe package now.Release Date: February 22, 2002
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The FoxSock.exe file contains the following files:
To use this sample, follow these steps:
- Unzip FoxSock.exe to your computer, and then set the default directory in Visual FoxPro to the directory to which you extracted the files.
- Run Winsock.prg to launch the server and client forms.
- Click Connect on the client form, and type some text in the Send text box in either form. When you leave the Send box, your text will appear in the other form's Receive box.
- You need to use the ".Object" syntax when you call the Winsock control's methods (for instance, oleWinsock.Object.Connect) instead of referring to the control directly from the OleControl.
- The control setup code is placed in the Init method instead of the Load method. The Visual Basic example does not close the connection. If you close the forms in VFP without closing the connection first, VFP appears to stop responding (hang) for a while.
- Additional settings (Close buttons, tab order) were made for clarity.
Article ID: 315124 - Last Review: Aug 6, 2008 - Revision: 1