- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 (SP1) clients
- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Endpoint Protection clients
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 2 (SP2) clients
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 (SP1) clients
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 clients
- System Center Configuration Manager, current branch
This package updates Endpoint Protection client services, drivers, and user interface (UI) components.
Microsoft regularly releases anti-malware platform updates to guarantee consistency in protection, performance, robustness, and usability in a malware landscape that is constantly changing. This revised update package is dated March 2016.
Update informationThis revised anti-malware platform update contains the fixes and improvements that are contained in the following update:
This revised update contains the following additional fixes and updates:
- Resolves an issue in which importing the Endpoint Protection PowerShell module fails on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1-based client computers. Additionally, you receive error messages that resemble the following:import-module : The module to process 'MSFT_MpWDOScan.cdxml', listed in field 'NestedModules' of module manifest
'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MpProvider\mpprovider.psd1' was not processed because no valid module was
found in any module directory.
At line:1 char:1
- Removes the Turn on this app check box from the Administrator tab under Settings for Endpoint Protection.
- Adds missing localized strings to the UI.
How to obtain this updateThis update is available from Microsoft Update.
Microsoft UpdateAnti-malware platform updates for stand-alone System Center 2012 R2 clients, System Center 2012 clients, and Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 clients are available from Microsoft Update.
For information about the change to Microsoft Update for obtaining these updates, see the following topic on the Microsoft TechNet website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have one of the following installed:
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Cumulative Update 4 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Service Pack 2 for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and Update Rollup 1 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close Configuration Manager Administration Console before you install this update package.
Update replacement informationThis revised update replaces the following update:
Version informationThis update brings the anti-malware client version to 4.9.0219.0. To find the version information, click About on the Help menu of the Endpoint Protection client user interface.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|