NOTE: If you depend on accessing a Novell network and need the Client Service for Netware or the Novell Client, you cannot use the Welcome Screen or the Fast User Switching features of Windows XP.
- If you are using the Novell Client, see the following the Novell support Web site for instructions about how to uninstall the service:
- If you are using Classic view in Control Panel, double-click Network Connections. If you are using Category view, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
- Right-click each connection that you have, and then click Properties each time.
- On the General tab of each Local Area connection, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Dial-up Connection Properties dialog box, click the Networking tab, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
- Open Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
- Under Pick a task..., click Change the way users log on or off.
- Click to select the logon and logoff options that you want: Use the Welcome Screen or Use Fast User Switching.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Article ID: 315347 - Last Review: Oct 23, 2008 - Revision: 1