- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 subscription options.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password on Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- Outlook now fully supports Arabic and Hebrew, including right-to-left layout and editing.
- Select from more fonts and colors, more styles for bulleted and numbered lists, and better hyperlinks. Use Autocorrect. Resize and format pictures while composing.
- You can now save your PowerPoint deck as a PDF by using the Save As command.
- If a slide contains a video that has closed captions or multiple audio tracks, you can now play these tracks in your slideshow.
Microsoft Auto Update for Mac version 3.5.0
- Fixes an issue that causes the app to crash after downloading updates.
- Adds support for Slow and Fast levels for the Office Insider program. Both levels provide earlier access to Office 2016 for Mac with the Fast level getting more frequent updates.
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Article ID: 3155777 - Last Review: May 10, 2016 - Revision: 1