- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 subscription options.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password on Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- Outlook now fully supports Arabic and Hebrew, including right-to-left layout and editing.
- Select from more fonts and colors, more styles for bulleted and numbered lists, and better hyperlinks. Use Autocorrect. Resize and format pictures while composing.
- You can now save your PowerPoint deck as a PDF by using the Save As command.
- If a slide contains a video that has closed captions or multiple audio tracks, you can now play these tracks in your slideshow.
Microsoft Auto Update for Mac version 3.5.0
- Fixes an issue that causes the app to crash after downloading updates.
- Adds support for Slow and Fast levels for the Office Insider program. Both levels provide earlier access to Office 2016 for Mac with the Fast level getting more frequent updates.