- Your Office 365 user account is configured to use Cloud PBX.
- You're using Skype for Business on Windows to receive calls, and the voice for calls uses Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition.
- People report that they can't call you.
- Your Skype for Business administrator has confirmed that your account is configured correctly to receive calls.
The InternetDNSIPAddress property is configured by using the correct public DNS server IP address in the CloudConnector.ini file.
Method 1Configure the external network interface on the Cloud Connector Edge server to use a public DNS server.
Note Make sure that you modify the Advanced settings on this interface to remove the Register this connection’s addresses in DNS option.
Method 2For Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1, modify the Cloud Connector DNS server to use pinpoint zones, or add the missing public DNS record (or records) for Cloud Connector to the internal DNS zone.
- SIP/2.0 504 Server time-out error
- ms-diagnostics error 1008 “Unable to resolve DNS SRV record"
For Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1, the Edge Server is configured to use the internal Cloud Connector Edition DNS server, and this server has an authoritative zone configured for the SIP domain.
For Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.2, the Edge Server is not automatically configured by using the DNS IP that's defined in the Cloud Connector configuration file.For more information, see the following Microsoft websites:
Article ID: 3157353 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4