WebServices method from an .aspx page, the .aspx page may fail when you run the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Lockdown tool. In addition, you may receive the following error message:
Note This problem does not affect the server side of a Web service because XmlSerializer is generated and compiled outside of the impersonation.
- Use a different, non-Anonymous account to impersonate. (This is the recommended method.)
- Add sufficient permission for the executable files in the Windows directory.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Allow Anonymous access on the IIS application.
- Enable impersonation for the Web application in the local Web.config file as follows:
<identity impersonate="true" />
- Run the IIS Lockdown tool, or deny access to the IUSR_COMPUTERNAME or the IWAM_COMPUTERNAME account on the Csc.exe file before you request the page.
XML Web Service-Enabled Office Documents (an Extreme XML column)
Article ID: 315904 - Last Review: Jul 14, 2008 - Revision: 1