Method 1Use the TRUNC function in your VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP function to force the LOOKUP value to be evaluated to a specific number of decimal places. For example, type the VLOOKUP function as follows:
Method 2Turn on the Precision as displayed option in Microsoft Office Excel 2003 and in earlier versions of Microsoft Excel. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Calculation tab.
- Click to select the Precision as displayedcheck box, and then click OK.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click
- Click the Advancedcategory.
- Under When calculating this workbook, click to select the Set precision as displayed check box, and then click OK.
Method 3Type the LOOKUP value, instead of referring to a cell that has been calculated. You can type the LOOKUP value into a cell that is referenced by the formula, or you can type the LOOKUP value directly into the formula.
Article ID: 315961 - Last Review: Jan 31, 2007 - Revision: 1