- The Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) feature is enabled.
- Firewall software from Zone Labs, is installed on the computer.
Note ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarmPro are examples of Zone Labs firewall software.
- The ZoneLabs firewall software is not correctly configured for ICS.
Method 1: Configure ZoneAlarm for ICS support
Configure ZoneAlarm for ICS support. Please see the program documentation or see the Zone Labs Web site for more information about how to configure ZoneAlarm for ICS.
Method 2: Remove the Zone Labs firewall software from the computerRemove the Zone Labs firewall software from the computer. Please see the program documentation or contact Zone Labs at the ZoneLabs Web site for more information about how to do this.
Method 3: Disable the Startup type serviceIf removing the Zone Labs firewall did not resolve the problem, disable the Startup type service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start your computer in safe mode.
- Log on by using an administrator account.
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the Services window, locate the True Vector Internet Monitor service, and then double-click it.
- In the Properties window, locate Startup type.
- In the drop down list, click Disabled, and then click Apply.
- Restart your computer as usual.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
For additional information about Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 316414 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2012 - Revision: 1