ProblemConsider the following scenario:
- You're using Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run.
- You're using an Office 365 Exchange Online mailbox, with Modern Authentication enabled.
To work around this issue, disable the NameCtrl Class add-on in Internet Explorer. To do this, following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Settings icon, and then click Manage add-ons.
- Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Under Show, select All add-ons.
- Under the Microsoft Corporation section, select the NameCtrl Class add-on, and then click Disable.
- Click Close.
The Microsoft Office Contact Retriever tries to retrieve the contact when you rest the mouse pointer on the name of a user in SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business. However, the Microsoft Office Contact Retriever doesn't support Modern Authentication.
Article ID: 3165135 - Last Review: Jun 3, 2016 - Revision: 1
Outlook 2016, Microsoft SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Microsoft Exchange Online