On September 28th, 2015, Microsoft announced the acquisition of Adxstudio Inc., the developers of Adxstudio Portals. Following the acquisition, Microsoft has continued to develop the portal application, releasing version 8.x as an optional portal add-on for Dynamics 365.
With the availability of version 8.x, the supportability for previous releases of the portal application has changed. Support for all versions of the portal application is defined below:
- All SaaS (Microsoft-hosted) portal add-on deployments running version 8.x or higher (starting with CRM 2016 Update 1 and above) are supported by Microsoft through an organization's existing Dynamics 365 support contract. Customers can open support cases for version 8.x portal add-on deployments through the same methods as they would open a normal Dynamics 365 support case.
- All legacy Adxstudio Portals deployments will continue to be supported on Dynamics CRM 2015, Dynamics CRM 2016, and Dynamics 365 until August 1st, 2018, depending on the version they are associated to:
- For Dynamics 365 versions up to 8.1.0, Adxstudio Portals version 7.0.0018 or higher will be required.
- For Dynamics 365 from version 8.1.1 up to and excluding 9.0.0, Adxstudio Portals version 7.0.0024 or higher will be required.
- For Dynamics 365 version 9.0.0 or higher, Adxstudio Portals version 7.0.0026 or higher will be required.
Please refer to the Adxstudio Release Notes for the improvements made on each version. Support cases for legacy Adxstudio Portals deployments that meet this requirement can be opened via Microsoft Premier channels, MPN partner channels, or the pay-per-incident process through http://support.microsoft.com until August 1st, 2018. Support will not be offered for the legacy product after that date, as defined in this blog post.
- All legacy Adxstudio Portals deployments on version 7.0.0017 and below are unsupported on any version of Dynamics CRM or Dynamics 365. To reach a supported state, organizations with an Adxstudio Portals deployment on version 7.0.0017 or below must upgrade to version 7.0.0018 or higher and ensure that the associated organization is running Dynamics CRM 2015 or higher (including Dynamics 365). Instructions for upgrading to version 7.x can be found on the legacy Adxstudio Community website.
- Deploying a SaaS (Microsoft-hosted) portal to a Dynamics 365 organization that already contains a version 7.x or lower portal is unsupported and highly discouraged as it can lead to a loss of functionality and may require a full removal of all portal solutions (and therefore all portal data) at a later date. Likewise, deploying a version 7.x or lower portal to a Dynamics 365 organization that already contains a SaaS (Microsoft-hosted) portal is also unsupported, as is deploying a self-hosted, open source portal to an organization that already contains a SaaS (Microsoft-hosted) portal.
- All legacy Adxstudio products and solutions not available through the Adxstudio Installer interface are unsupported. This includes the standalone Adxstudio Productivity Pack, the ALM Toolkit, and the Website Copy Tool. Additionally, only those solutions available through the Adxstudio Installer following the release of Adxstudio Portals version 7.0.0018 (July 8th, 2015) and used in conjunction with a portal website are supported.
To determine the version of a currently deployed portal, please reference this KB article.