New features introduced in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.6Update 1.6 introduces the following features:
- Work more efficiently in streams and post lists
Increase your productivity and work smoothly with posts. Streams and post lists now let you quickly skip to the next post as you review post details. Click the Previous/Next arrows to quickly move between posts. And Social Engagement now buffers all actions you apply to a post, saving you valuable time by queuing actions rather than having to complete every action before you can apply the next one.
- Introducing smart data sets
Customers now have the convenience of working with smart data sets—data sets that only display applicable filters. Smart data sets ensure that customers will always configure valid data sets. A notification will appear if you're using a filter that is not supported by an interaction area.
- See the expected post volume for your filters in automation rules
Ensure the volume of posts that your automation rule could potentially execute actions on is within your expectations. When you select the filters for your automation rule, you will now see the matching volume of posts based on actual historical data.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.6
In addition to the new features, Update 1.6 addresses the following issues and improvements:
- Improved the performance and loading time when working with the Author widget in full view.
- Improved the acquisition bandwidth on private messages to ensure data-completes in high peak scenarios of specific accounts.
- Improved feedback message in Social Center for users with a Professional License when the maximum number of streams is reached.
- Improved data acquisition times for private messages. Private messages are now refreshed every 2 minutes.
- Improved handling of data sets. You can no longer select filters that have no effect in a given area (Activity maps, Automation rules or Alerts).
- Fixed an issue with Private message rules in Search Setup. When configuring a Private message rule, posts aren’t acquired retroactively.
- Fixed and issue where some posts acquired through custom sources didn’t display the full content.
- Fixed and issue on Search Setup > Blocked Content when adding a domain that contains a % character.
- Fixed a usability issue in Search Setup on double-clicking a custom source didn’t select the source as expected.
- Fixed a layout issue when adding multiple recipients to an alert in the Message Center.
Article ID: 3170766 - Last Review: Jun 12, 2016 - Revision: 1