Error 797: The connection failed because the modem or other connecting device failed. Please make sure that the modem or other connecting device is installed.
- Log on to the computer as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
- Click the Modems tab.
- In the The following modems are installed list, click the modem that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes in response to the "Are you sure you want to remove the selected modem(s) from your system?" message.
- Restart the computer.
- The Found New Hardware Wizard starts. Follow the instructions in the wizard to reinstall the modem.
Article ID: 317222 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2009 - Revision: 1