A memory leak occurs when you use Azure Storage in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or 2016 to save your database files.
The issue was fixed in the following cumulative updates of SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2016 RTM
- Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2016 SP1
- Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2016
- Cumulative update 2 for SQL Server 2014 SP2
- Cumulative Update 8 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites to apply this hotfix.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.