Issues that the cumulative update resolves
How to install the update
Method 1: Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps:
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI provides a clear indication of which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote You can use the following parameters with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background, and then it automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer, and saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe cumulative update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this cumulative update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. See how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for Lync Server 2013 Conferencing Attendant.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run CAA.msp on computers that are running one of the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server