- KB 3182621 Incoming calls can't be transferred to PSTN number by response group agent in Lync Server 2013
This cumulative update also fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB 3140585 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.956 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service
- KB 3081743 September 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.933 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service
- KB 3070397 July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service
- KB 3051957 May 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.887 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service
- KB 3033882 February 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.871 for Lync Server 2013 Response Group Service
Method 1: Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or at a command prompt.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote You can use the following parameters together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode option applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot options used together apply all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, they automatically restart the server at the end of the installation process if necessary.
- The /extractall option extracts the updates from the installer, and then it saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. To do this, see how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.956 for the Lync Server 2013 Response Group service.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative update package, install the rgs.msp package on computers that are running one of the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update package, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall this cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
Article ID: 3175338 - Last Review: Sep 6, 2016 - Revision: 1