Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows 10 1607 image.
- You enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) feature.
- You download and install Ubuntu package by using the command that's documented here.
- You capture the Windows 10 1607 image by using the DISM /Capture-Image command.
- You try to apply the captured Windows 10 1607 image by using the DISM /Apply-Image command.
The files that are installed by the Ubuntu package may cause DISM /Apply-Image to fail.
Do not download and install the Ubuntu package before you capture the Windows 10 1607 image by using the DISM /Capture-Image command. The Ubuntu package can be downloaded and installed after the Windows 10 1607 image is applied to a device. You can install the Ubuntu package by following the steps in this installation guide.
Article ID: 3179598 - Last Review: Jul 26, 2016 - Revision: 1
Windows 10 Version 1607