Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
MSI installationsThis issue is fixed for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) MSI-based clients. For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Click-to-Run installationsThis issue is fixed for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) Click-to-Run installations, starting in Office build 15.0.4841.1002.
For more information about how to check your Office installation build and to update your Click-to-Run Office installation on demand, see the following Microsoft Support article:
Skype for Business 2016This issue is fixed for Skype for Business 2016 Click-to-Run installations, starting in Office build 16.0.7070.2033. If the build number is earlier than 16.0.7070, that build is not affected.
Note Skype for Business 2016 MSI-based installations are not affected by this issue.
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Method 1Use Skype for Business Web App. To do this, see the "Join with Skype for Business Web App if Skype for Business desktop is installed" section of the following Office website:
Method 2Roll back the installation.
- For MSI-based installations, roll back to the June 2016 update (KB3115033) until a fix is made available for this issue.
- To roll back Click-to-Run installations, see the following Knowledge Base article:2770432 How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run
Article ID: 3179661 - Last Review: Jul 29, 2016 - Revision: 1