Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 is integrated with Exchange Unified Messaging (UM). Both User A and User B are UM-enabled.
- User A sends User B an email message that contains Japanese characters in the subject.
- User B receives the email message, and then moves the mouse point over User A.
- User B makes a call to User A from the drop-down list next to the phone icon.
- User A doesn't answer the call and receives a missed call notification email message.
This issue occurs because the user notification XML file that is sent by Lync Server is encoded by using US-ASCII instead of UTF8.
Article ID: 3182610 - Last Review: Aug 23, 2016 - Revision: 1