This article describes support options that are available for problems using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Project, and Visio) for Office 365 subscribers.
Office 365 technical supportOffice 365 includes technical support. However, Office 365 subscription support only covers installation and activation issues for Office 365 ProPlus.
Troubleshooting of Office application use isn't included in the Office 365 subscription. Examples of Office application use issues:
- Header or footer problems in Microsoft Word
- Can't add images to a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
- Questions about how to use a pivot table in Microsoft Excel
- A hang or crash when you use a specific individual file such, as an Excel spreadsheet, a Word document, or a PowerPoint presentation
- A Microsoft OneNote crash when you open a specific notebook
Office application technical supportThe following support options are available for Office application usage issue that aren't covered by the Office 365 subscription.
Office help on Support.office.comYou can search for the issue that you're facing at Office Help and Training. You search for issues based on the application name, as shown in the following image. Or you can search popular topics by category.
No-cost technical supportUse forums to get help from the community at no cost. Because the forums are monitored and maintained by the general community, the timeliness of response to your question can vary. If timeliness of response isn't critical, posting to a forum is a good approach. See the following forums:
Note For developer support, see MSDN support options.
Paid technical supportTalk directly to a support agent. This option is good if you or your company needs a fast response, or if you're blocked from making progress. There is a cost associated with this option. For more information, see Microsoft professional support.
To create a paid support request online, follow these steps:
- Go to Support for business.
- Select the appropriate product. For example, select Outlook 2016.
- From the Support for business list, select the statement that matches how you use the product, and then select Next.
- In the Create an incident screen, select the correct product, such as Word or Excel, under Problem Type.
- From the Category list, select the relevant scenario.
- Click Start request.
- Select a support (payment) option, and then click Continue.
- Complete the web form to open support case.
If you want more personalized assistance, you can use Premier Support for Office. For more information, see Premier Support.
Feedback and suggestionsTo submit comments on Microsoft Office products and services, using one of these UserVoice forums:
- Excel: http://excel.uservoice.com/
- Word: http://word.uservoice.com/
- PowerPoint: http://powerpoint.uservoice.com/
- OneNote: http://onenote.uservoice.com/
- Office: http://office.uservoice.com/
Note UserVoice is a great way to share your comments and ideas for Microsoft products and services.
Article ID: 3186091 - Last Review: Dec 29, 2016 - Revision: 1