- By default, the fix is disabled after you install this update. To enable the fix, see "Registry information".
- Lync 2013 was upgraded to Skype for Business in April 2015.
Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Before you change it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install this update, you can follow these steps to enable a Group Policy setting to fix the issue:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync
- Go to Edit > New > DWORD Value, type ResetProxyResolutionCacheOnEndpointDisable, and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Details > ResetProxyResolutionCacheOnEndpointDisable > Modify > Value data, type 1, and then select OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3186686 - Last Review: Sep 6, 2016 - Revision: 1