- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- You can switch to Focus mode on the View menu to remove distractions and concentrate better on your work. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- You supply the pictures, PowerPoint Designer supplies professional designs for your slides. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- You can choose a color to make guides stand out against the slide background. For Office 365 subscribers only.
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the Outlook package now
- Download the Word package now
- Download the Excel package now
- Download the PowerPoint package now
- Download the OneNote package now
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 3186807 - Last Review: Apr 11, 2017 - Revision: 2