- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Windows 8.1 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, or Windows 8.1-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Known issues in this security update
- Known issue 1
Consider the following scenario:
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
- You try to access a file server by using the SMBv1 protocol through an application such as File Explorer.
- The application uses the CONNECT_INTERACTIVE flag for the WNetAddConnection API.
- You're using a computer that's logged in through Microsoft Account credentials.
- The network credentials you're using to access the file server share are not present in Credential Manager.
- The firewall profile on the computer is set to Public.
This problem may occur if you have security update 3187754 installed.
To work around this problem, use any of these options:
- Option 1: If possible, use SMBv2 instead of SMBv1.
- Option 2: Pass credentials explicitly through the following net use cmd:
net use \\<serverName>\<shareName> /user: <DomainName\UserName> <Password>
- Option 3: Change the network profile to Private for private home networks instead of Public.
- Option 4: Save credentials for trusted network shares in Credential Manager.
- Known issue 2
After you install this update, you may encounter 0xC0000022 NTLM authentication errors. To resolve this issue, see NTLM authentication fails with 0xC0000022 error for Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 after update is applied.
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
Article ID: 3187754 - Last Review: Oct 12, 2016 - Revision: 1