Note You must install two updates to be protected from the vulnerability discussed in this bulletin: The update in this bulletin, MS16-116, and the update in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-104.
To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-116.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 3184122 MS16-116: Description of the security update for OLE Automation for VBScript Scripting Engine: September 13, 2016
- 3185611 Cumulative update for Windows 10: September 13, 2016
- 3185614 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1511 (TH2): Sep 13, 2016
- 3189866 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607: September 13, 2016
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
Article ID: 3188724 - Last Review: Sep 13, 2016 - Revision: 1