- 3183038 MS16-104: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: September 13, 2016
- 3183043 MS16-105: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: September 13, 2016
- 3185848 MS16-106: Security update for Microsoft Graphics Component: September 13, 2016
- 3178467 MS16-110: Security update for Windows: September 13, 2016
- 3186973 MS16-111: Security Update for Microsoft Kernel: September 13, 2016
- 3178469 MS16-112: Security update for Windows Lock Screen: September 13, 2016
- 3185876 MS16-113: Security Update for Windows Secure Kernel Mode: September 13, 2016
- 3185879 MS16-114: Security Update for Windows SMBv1 Server: September 13, 2016
- 3188733 MS16-115: Security update for Microsoft Windows PDF Library: September 13, 2016
- 3188724 MS16-116: Security Update in OLE Automation for VBScript Scripting Engine: September 13, 2016
- 3188128 MS16-117: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: September 13, 2016
Windows Server 2016 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously released fixes.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer. If you are installing a Windows Server 2016 update package for the first time, the package for the x64 version is 745 MB.
Known issue in this security update
Consider the following scenario:
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
- You try to access a file server by using the SMBv1 protocol through an application such as File Explorer.
- The application uses the CONNECT_INTERACTIVE flag for the WNetAddConnection API.
- You're using a computer that's logged in through Microsoft Account credentials.
- The network credentials you're using to access the file server share are not present in Credential Manager.
- The firewall profile on the computer is set to Public.
This problem may occur if you have security update 3187754 installed.
To work around this problem, use any of these options:
- Option 1: If possible, use SMBv2 instead of SMBv1.
- Option 2: Pass credentials explicitly through the following net use cmd:
net use \\<serverName>\<shareName> /user: <DomainName\UserName> <Password>
- Option 3: Change the network profile to Private for private home networks instead of Public.
- Option 4: Save credentials for trusted network shares in Credential Manager.
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update 3176494.
Article ID: 3188966 - Last Review: Dec 21, 2016 - Revision: 1