- You add a shared mailbox as a delegate for a room mailbox by running the following PowerShell command:
Set-CalendarProcessing room -ResourceDelegates sharedmbx -AllBookInPolicy $false -AllRequestInPolicy $true
- When a user tries to accept the meeting invitation from the Inbox of the shared mailbox in Microsoft Outlook, they receive an error message that resembles the following: Cannot open the Calendar folder for user "room alias". The operation failed.
- The user can accept the meeting request from the Inbox of the shared mailbox in Outlook on the web. However, the user who sent the meeting request doesn't receive an email message that confirms that the meeting was accepted.
- Do one of the following, as appropriate for your situation:
- Connect to Exchange Online by using remote PowerShell. For more info, see Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell.
- Open the on-premises Exchange Management Shell.
- Run the following command:Note In this command, replace firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address of the room, and replace email@example.com with the email address of the user who has full access permissions to the shared mailbox.
Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity firstname.lastname@example.org:\Calendar -User email@example.com -AccessRights Editor
Article ID: 3191290 - Last Review: Dec 21, 2016 - Revision: 1