- MS16-101 Security update for Windows authentication methods
- MS16-118 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- MS16-120 Security update for Microsoft graphics component
- MS16-122 Security update for Microsoft video control
- MS16-123 Security update for kernel-mode drivers
- MS16-124 Security update for Windows registry
- MS16-126 Security update for Microsoft Internet Messaging API
- The security fixes listed here that are included in this security update 3192391 are also included in this October 2016 month’s Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3185330 , which additionally includes improvements and fixes from the update that was released in September 20, 2016 - 3185278. Installing either update will include the security fixes listed here.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update and automatically approve all Security updates classifications for deployment, be aware that both the October 2016 Security Only Quality Update 3192391 and the October 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3185330 for the month will be deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure the desired updates are deployed.
- Updated This October 2016 Security Only Quality Update was revised December 13, 2016. With this change, this update will not be applicable for installation on a computer where the Security Monthly Quality Rollup or the Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup from October 2016 (or a later month) is already installed, because those updates contain all security fixes that are included in this Security Only Quality Update.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Known issues in this security update
After you install this security update, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Console crashes in State view.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update Catalog
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 7 (3192391)Download the package now.
October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (3192391)Download the package now.
October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems (3192391)Download the package now.
October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (3192391)
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support