- You're running a 32-bit version of Office on a 64-bit computer.
- You have a version of TFS that's earlier than TFS 2015 Update 3.
- In your Office settings, the Required Application Add-ins to be signed by a Trusted Publisher check box is selected under File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Options.
If you have an earlier build, you can delete the quotation marks from the applicable registry key. Make sure that you create a backup copy before you edit a registry key.
To do this, you can use a .reg script file or manually edit the string in Registry Editor. To manually edit the string, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit.
- Navigate to the following TFS 2015 subkey:
- Right-click the (Default) entry, click Modify, and then delete the quotation marks at the beginning and end of the value in the Data column.
Article ID: 3192409 - Last Review: Sep 26, 2016 - Revision: 1