Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-121. Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac includes versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that are designed for the Mac. The October 11, 2016, update provides fixes for issues in the Office 2016 for Mac Suite that affect Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see
Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- Use CONCAT or TEXTJOIN to shorten your text formulas, or try the forecasting functions to help you predict future trends. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your notes by using the Accessibility Checker on the Tools menu.
- Correct your typos by using suggestions from the spell checker.
- You can find additional improvements to help you use notes by turning on "Preferences > General > Enable experimental features." Please try these and let us know what you think.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the Outlook package now
- Download the Word package now
- Download the Excel package now
- Download the PowerPoint package now
- Download the OneNote package now