- Surface Pro 4 Camera
- DisplayLink for USB displays
Option 1Manually download and install the latest required drivers after the setup or upgrade process is completed.
Option 2Configure the devices to receive updates directly from Windows Update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the setup or upgrade process on the computers.
- After the process finishes successfully, run the following Windows PowerShell script to configure the devices to receive updates directly from Windows Update.
#Set machine to go to WU/MU
if (test-path HKLM:\software\policies\microsoft\windows\windowsupdate)
Create-LogEntry "Found Windows Update Policy. Removing it."
Remove-item HKLM:\software\policies\microsoft\windows\windowsupdate -Force -Recurse
Stop-service -name wuauserv
Start-Service -name wuauserv
Important After you run this script, the computers no longer receive updates from WSUS. Instead, they receive updates from WU until the policy is reapplied.
- In Settings, check for updates to find the new drivers from Windows Update.
- After all the devices are updated to have the latest available drivers, run gpupdate /force to restore the Group Policy settings to state before running the above mentioned PowerShell script.
Option 3In System Center Configuration Manager, configure Operating System Deployment (OSD) to deploy the update.
ConfigMgr OSD provides an option in the task sequence to override Group Policy settings and point devices to Windows Update during the installation. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the task sequence editor.
- Select the Dynamically update Windows Setup with Windows Update check box, as shown in the following screen shot.
Article ID: 3193470 - Last Review: Sep 20, 2016 - Revision: 1