When a user tries to search the audit log in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center, the user receives the following error message:
Your request couldn’t be completed. Please try again, and if the problem persists, contact your administrator.
The user isn't assigned to the View-Only Audit Logs role or the Audit Logs role in Exchange Online.
Create a custom role group in the Exchange admin center, add the View-Only Audit Logs or Audit Logs role, and then add the user as a member of the new role group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Exchange admin center. For more information, see Exchange admin center in Exchange Online.
- Click Permissions, click admin roles, and then click New () to create a new role group.
- On the "New role group" page, do the following:
- Specify a name for the role group.
- In the Roles box, click Add (), add the View-Only Audit Logs or Audit Logs role, and then click OK.
- In the Members box, click Add (), add the user, and then click Save.
Article ID: 3193501 - Last Review: Oct 13, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Online