For more information about Cloud PBX Azure Voicemail, see Set up Cloud PBX voicemail - Admin help.
Supportability matrixNote This table will be updated as we test and certify additional topologies and configurations.
|Exchange version||Domain||PSTN setup||Endpoints||DirSync|
|Exchange 2013 CU12||Single AD Forest||PSTN Calling|
Skype for Business 2016 C2R/MSI
Skype for Business 2015 MSI
Skype for Business 2013 MSI
Skype for Business for IOS
Skype for Business for Android
Lync for MAC
Lync Phone Edition
Certified Skype for Business Cloud PBX Phones
|Azure AD Connect|
- Verify that DNS records for your on-premises Exchange infrastructure have been published in your public DNS zone, and that the Autodiscover and Exchange Web Services (EWS) URLs are accessible from the Internet.
Configure DNS records
- Verify that directory synchronization is enabled between your on-premises Active Directory and Office 365, and that on-premises and online user accounts are successfully synchronized.
Set up directory synchronization for Office 365
Note If you have previously used the Exchange Hybrid Configuration Wizard to enable hybrid mode with Exchange Online, it is only necessary to complete steps 3 and 4.
- Configure OAuth authentication between your Exchange on-premises infrastructure and Skype for Business Online.
Configure OAuth between Skype for Business Online and Exchange 2013 on-premises
- Verify that Unified Messaging is enabled for Cloud PBX users who have on-premises Exchange mailboxes, as this will provide visual voice mail functionality for Azure Voicemail messages in Outlook, Skype for Business Apps, and Desk-phones.
Enable a user for Exchange Unified Messaging
- Verify that the Exchange Online (Plan 2) licensing option is disabled for Cloud PBX users who have on-premises Exchange mailboxes, as this will interfere with the delivery of Azure Voicemail messages.
If you don't have Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) installed and configured, see the following TechNet article:
Article ID: 3195158 - Last Review: May 5, 2017 - Revision: 9