For more information about Cloud PBX Azure voicemail, see Set up Phone System voicemail.
Supportability matrixNote This table will be updated as we test and certify additional topologies and configurations.
|Exchange Server version||Domain||PSTN setup||Endpoints||DirSync|
|Exchange Server 2013 CU12||Single AD Forest||PSTN Calling |
|Outlook 2010 |
Skype for Business 2016 C2R/MSI
Skype for Business 2015 MSI
Skype for Business 2013 MSI
Skype for Business for IOS
Skype for Business for Android
Lync for MAC
Lync Phone Edition
Certified Skype for Business Cloud PBX Phones
|Azure AD Connect|
Note If you have previously used the Exchange Hybrid Configuration Wizard to enable hybrid mode for Exchange Online, you have to complete only steps 3 and 4.
- Verify that DNS records for your on-premises Exchange infrastructure have been published in your public DNS zone, and that the Autodiscover and Exchange Web Services (EWS) URLs are accessible from the Internet.
- Verify that directory synchronization is enabled between your on-premises Active Directory and Office 365, and that on-premises and online user accounts are successfully synchronized.
- Configure OAuth authentication between your Exchange on-premises infrastructure and Skype for Business Online.
- Verify that Unified Messaging is enabled for Cloud PBX users who have on-premises Exchange mailboxes. This is because this provides visual voice mail functionality for Azure voicemail messages in Outlook, Skype for Business Apps, and desk phones.
- Verify that the Exchange Online (Plan 2) licensing option is disabled for Cloud PBX users who have on-premises Exchange mailboxes. This is because this option interferes with the delivery of Azure voicemail messages.
If you don't have Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) installed and configured, see the following TechNet article:
Note The number of digits must be less than or equal to the number of digits in the user's assigned work number. Additionally, you can use any dial plan type because the dial plan will not be used to route calls.