To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-122.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1, and Windows 8.1 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, or Windows 8.1-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 3190847 MS16-122: Description of the security update for Microsoft video control: October 11, 2016
- 3192392 October 2016 security only quality update for Windows 8.1, and Windows 2012 R2
- 3185331 October 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 8.1, and Windows 2012 R2
- 3192391 October 2016 security only quality update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- 3185330 October 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- 3192440 Cumulative update for Windows 10: October 11, 2016
- 3194798 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016: October 11, 2016
- 3192441 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511: October 11, 2016
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
Article ID: 3195360 - Last Review: Oct 12, 2016 - Revision: 1