Error message 1
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To work around this issue, check whether there is a value for the UseOnlineContent registry entry. If the entry exists, the value must be set to 2. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run.
- Type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Internet
Note If theUseOnlineContent registry entry exists in this path, you can skip steps 4 and 5.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseOnlineContent, and then press Enter.
- Right-click UseOnlineContent, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 2, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3195435 - Last Review: Oct 6, 2016 - Revision: 1