Note In Office 2016, the Help > About window actually shows the version of the MSO library that's used by that particular application. So that method can no longer be used to find the application version.
- Open any Office application, such as Word or Excel, and then create a document.
- On the File tab, select either the Account or Help command.
- Under Product Information, you'll see your Office product name and, in some cases, the full version number.
- Open Task Manager while the Skype for Business 2016 is running.
- On the Details tab, locate Lync.exe.
- Right-click Lync.exe. and then select Open file location.
- In the Description list, locate the product version number.
See the following Microsoft website to learn how to create a PowerShell script to check the version number of Skype for Business:
Article ID: 3195481 - Last Review: Oct 28, 2016 - Revision: 1