This security update resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2:
- MS16-142 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- MS16-139 Security update for Windows kernel
- MS16-137 Security update for Windows authentication methods
- MS16-135 Security update for Windows kernel-mode drivers
- MS16-134 Security update for common log file system driver
- MS16-132 Security update for Microsoft graphics component
- MS16-131 Security update for Microsoft Video Control
- MS16-130 Security update for Microsoft Windows
- The security fixes that are listed in this Security Only Quality Update 3197867 are also included in the November 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3197868 . Update rollup 3197868 also includes improvements and fixes from October monthly rollup 3185330 that was released on October 11, 2016. Installing either update 3197867 or 3197868 installs the security fixes that are listed here.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update, and you automatically approve all Security updates classifications for deployment, both this November 2016 Security Only Quality Update 3197867 and the November 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3197868 are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure the desired updates are deployed.
- Updated This November 2016 Security Only Quality Update was revised December 13, 2016. With this change, this update will not be applicable for installation on a computer where the Security Monthly Quality Rollup or the Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup from November 2016 (or a later month) is already installed, because those updates contain all security fixes that are included in this Security Only Quality Update.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.