Option 1: Update the cloud properties to match the capability profile that's defined in the properties of the virtual machine.
Option 2: Remove the capability profile that's defined in the properties of the virtual machine.
More informationNote You can't modify the capability profile for a virtual machine that's not assigned to a cloud. To make this change, use one of the following methods.
- In the VMM console, assign the VM to the destination cloud.
- Open the properties of the virtual machine.
- On the Hardware tab, select the capability profile that you want to enforce (for example, Hyper-V).
- Perform the clone operation.
- Revert any changes that you made to the source VM (as necessary).
Using VMM PowerShell, configure the virtual machine capability profile to match that of the destination cloud.
In the following example, the source VM to clone is SampleVM01, the capability profile to be added is Hyper-V, and the targeted cloud is named Cloud01:
PS C:\> $cp = Get-SCCapabilityProfile -name Hyper-V
PS C:\> $cld = Get-SCCloud -Name Cloud01
PS C:\> Set-SCVirtualMachine -vm SampleVM01 -CapabilityProfile $cp -Cloud $cld