After the upgrade is finished, complete the configuration of AlwaysOn Availability Groups for the database:
- Add the VMM database to the availability group. You can use SQL Server Management Studio to perform this task.
- On the secondary node computer in the cluster that's running SQL Server, create a new sign-in account:
- Configure the sign-in name so that it's identical to the VMM service account name.
- Include user mapping to the VMM database.
- Configure the database owner credentials.
- Initiate a failover to the secondary node computer that's running SQL Server, and verify that you can restart the VMM service (scvmmservice).
- Repeat steps 2–3 for every secondary node in the cluster that's running SQL Server.
- If this is a high availability VMM setup, continue to install other high availability VMM nodes.
Tasks to perform before beginning the VMM upgrade
Performing post-upgrade tasks in VMM